What's New in ThingWorx 8.5
New platform features and functionality provide core enhancements to ThingWorx Service Optimization and Manufacturing solution suites.
Among these is the introduction of ThingWorx Solution Central – a new centralized, cloud-based portal that enables administrators to discover, deploy, and manage ThingWorx applications across the enterprise with ease from a single location, providing enterprise-wide visibility that fosters maximum productivity.
ThingWorx 8.5 also provides enhanced integration with Microsoft Azure, enabling a completely seamless experience for customers using Microsoft Azure services with ThingWorx via direct access to Azure functionality from ThingWorx applications.
In addition to these enhancements, ThingWorx 8.5 includes the following new features and functionality:
Newly Added Connectivity Options
- New ThingWorx Kepware drivers for Linux make it easy to connect assets in simpler Linux architectures using out-of-the-box, configurable connectivity options on the user’s existing operating system
- An Azure IoT Hub Connector integrates Microsoft Azure services with ThingWorx, including the ability to easily and remotely update software for Azure IoT Edge devices from ThingWorx, seamlessly connecting solutions into a more efficient, single user experience
Enhanced Usability and Design Features
- New usability features in ThingWorx Composer include the ability to add horizonal tabs, resize grid columns, edit a scheduler Thing, view in full screen, as well as the addition of new "power user" features, improving developer efficiency and productivity
- New and redesigned widgets, along with, improvements to responsive layout and theming enable users to build stunning solutions
Enhancements to Automated Machine Learning
- New confidence models provide information about the uncertainty in a prediction to enhance both human and automated decision-making that achieves desired outcomes
- Simplified architecture and installation processes enable system administrators to more easily choose which platform(s) to integrate with ThingWorx Analytics to obtain the most comprehensive picture of performance
- ThingWorx Analytics Server automated machine learning functionality is now directly accessible to users of Rockwell FactoryTalk Analytics DataFlowML for predictive model scoring and data set creation, minimizing the time required to perform tasks
New User-Friendly Tools for Efficient and Effective System Administration
- ThingWorx Solution Central is a built-in, cloud-based portal that enables users to deploy ThingWorx solutions across multiple sites and environments efficiently, with automated dependency management and application packaging features that simplify administration and foster productivity
- New Microsoft Azure connector facilitates direct access to Microsoft Azure functionality - such as executing logic apps and functions - from ThingWorx Flow, creating a more seamless user experience
Simplified Access to Accurate, Relevant Information
- Flexible hierarchies and configurable machine statuses in Asset Advisor enable users to more precisely model their environment to obtain the most accurate picture of the state of performance and operations
- A unified IT/OT screen in Operator Advisor consolidates data into a single detail work instruction window, eliminating the needs to interact with multiple systems and enabling employees to be more productive
- Production and workforce KPIs in Production Advisor allow users to track and compare performance in a specific shift, with associated work orders, and across shifts, providing deeper insights used to refine management processes and outcomes