This project will utilize the Edge MicroServer (EMS) to connect ThingWorx Foundation to a Raspberry Pi.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||Feb 04, 2021|
You'll learn how to
- Set up Raspberry Pi
- Install, configure, and launch the Edge MicroServer (EMS)
- Connect a remote device to ThingWorx Foundation
Things used in this guide
This guide assumes use of either the hosted Foundation server or the downloaded trial.
You will also need the following:
- Raspberry Pi - You may purchase one from the Raspberry Pi web site, Digi-Key or RS.
Note that this guide was created on a Pi 2 and cross-tested on a Pi 3 and Pi 4. Other versions of the Raspberry Pi are not covered, and may be utilized only at your own discretion.
- An SD card (8+GB... 16+GB recommended) with the Raspbian operating system installed.
Note that this guide utilizes Raspbian Buster Full. Other OSes are not covered, and may be utilized only at your own discretion.
- A monitor, USB keyboard, USB mouse, and WiFi to interact with the Pi.
Utilize Foundation and the Edge MicroServer (EMS) to connect and monitor remote Medical Devices for service-applications.