This project will introduce ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity.
Following the steps in this guide, you will utilize this connectivity solution to save time and avoid the complication of modifying every remote device to natively talk to ThingWorx Foundation via Edge MicroServers, Software Development Kits, or REST API calls.
We will teach you how to connect disparate systems and devices in order to apply business intelligence and improve operations.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 16, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Connect ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity to ThingWorx Foundation
- Create an IndustrialGateway Thing
- Utilize an Application Key to secure the connection
- Map ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity Tags to ThingWorx Foundation Thing Properties
- Visualize Data from connected digital assets
Things used in this project
This guide requires both ThingWorx Foundation and Industrial Connectivity.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server and the 120-day downloadable Industrial Connectivity.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
CONNECT INDUSTRIAL DEVICES AND SYSTEMS
- Step 1: Installation
- Step 2: Create Gateway
- Step 3: Create an AppKey
- Step 4: Connect to Foundation
- Step 5: Bind Industrial Tag
- Step 6: Log to Value Stream
- Step 7: Visualize the Data
- Step 8: Next Steps