With Vuforia Studio you can author compelling Augmented Reality experiences quickly in our rapid development environment.
In this exercise, you'll combine 3D CAD models and 2D Widgets into an Experience that displays on mobile devices.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 16, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Add a 3D model to an Experience
- Add 2D widgets to an Experience
- Bind the 2D widgets to the model
- Bind ThingWorx Foundation data to a 3D widget
- View an Experience
Things used in this project
Before you can complete this activity, you must have the following:
- Vuforia Studio installed
NOTE: If you have never used Vuforia Studio before, follow the steps in the Get Started with Vuforia Studio guide before proceeding with this Quickstart.
- Access to an Experience Service to publish your Experience to (this is setup by default with the Studio Trial)
- A CAD model file (for supported file formats, see Supported CAD File Formats.
- A printer to print your ThingMark
If you don’t have a CAD model file, you can get one from GrabCAD.
CREATE AN AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) EXPERIENCE
- Step 1: Create Project and Add a CAD Model
- Step 2: Add 2D Widgets
- Step 3: Bind 2D Widget to CAD Model
- Step 4: Add ThingWorx Data to Bind to a Widget
- Step 5: View Experience
- Step 6: Next Steps