This project will introduce you to the REST API utilized by the ThingWorx platform.
Following the steps in this guide, you will be able to connect to the ThingWorx platform and make REST calls to call Services, update Properties, and perform a number of actions for your IoT applications.
We will teach you how to use the ThingWorx REST API to create a more robust application. With the REST API you can leverage the full power of the ThingWorx Foundation server with simple HTTP requests. The REST API can easily be explored using a command line tool such as curl, a browser plugin like Postman, or any preferred programming language.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||Aug 14, 2020|
You'll learn how to
- Create new Things on a ThingWorx Foundation Server
- Add Properties to Things
- Access Property values
- Execute custom Services
Use REST API to Access ThingWorx
- Step 1: REST API Design
- Step 2: REST Client
- Step 3: Create Application Key
- Step 4: Create New Thing
- Step 5: Add Property to Thing
- Step 6: Set Property Value
- Step 7: Get Latest Property Value
- Step 8: Call Custom Service
- Step 9: Import and Export Entities
- Step 10: Tags
- Step 11: Users
- Step 12: Troubleshooting
- Step 13: Authentication Tags
- Step 14: Next Steps
Configure and connect industrial devices and systems in any environment.