This project will introduce complex aspects of the ThingWorx Java SDK and help you to get started with development.
Following the steps in this guide, you will develop your own IoT application with the ThingWorx Java SDK.
We will teach you how to use the Java programming language to connect and build IoT applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||Mar 16, 2021|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running the Java programming language
- Basic concepts of the Java Edge SDK
- How to use the Java Edge API to build a real-world application
- How to utilize resources provided in the Edge SDK to help create your own application
Java SDK Tutorial
- Step 1: Completed Example
- Step 2: Environment Setup
- Step 3: Test Connectivity
- Step 4: Run Sample Applications
- Step 5: Example Client Connection
- Step 6: Power Grid Example
- Step 7: Delivery Truck Model
- Step 8: Services and Events
- Step 9: File Transfer
- Step 10: Troubleshooting
- Step 11: Tunneling Example
- Step 12: Next Steps
Configure and connect industrial devices and systems in any environment.