This project will introduce ThingWorx Utilities Asset Management.
Following the steps in this guide, you will learn how to quickly connect to and manage your Edge IoT devices using the ThingWorx Foundation platform without having to build out an infrastructure.
We will teach you how to utilize Asset Management to simplify the process of provisioning, aggregating, maintaining, and monitoring your entire inventory of remote devices connected to the platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||June 15, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Install and configure the Edge MicroServer (WSEMS) to connect Edge devices
- Define your Edge devices as Asset Things
- Connect to specific remote devices
Things used in this project
This guide assumes both Utilities pre-installation and SSL / Port 443 connectivity to the remote EMS. As such, the 30-day hosted trial is recommended.
This guide could theoretically be utilized with the native 120-day trial or TTE, but the EMS's config.lua and config.json code would require modification.
MANAGE YOUR DIGITAL ASSETS
- Step 1: Generate Application Key
- Step 2: Install WSEMS
- Step 3: Configure WSEMS
- Step 4: Create Asset Thing
- Step 5: Confirm Connection
- Step 6: Install VNC
- Step 7: Configure EdgeThing for VNC
- Step 8: VNC to Your Personal Computer
- Step 9: File Transfer
- Step 10: Next Steps