This project will introduce you to the Edge MicroServer (EMS) and how to connect your ThingWorx server to a Raspberry Pi device.
Following the steps in this guide, you will be able to connect to the ThingWorx platform with your Raspberry Pi. The coding will be simple and the steps will be very straight forward.
We will teach you how to utilize the EMS for your Edge device needs. The EMS comes with the Lua Script Resource, which serves as an optional process manager, enabling you to create Properties, Services, Events, and Subscriptions for a remote device on the ThingWorx platform.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||Sep 30, 2020|
You'll learn how to
- Set up Raspberry Pi
- Install, configure and launch the EMS
- Connect a remote device to ThingWorx
Connect Raspberry Pi to ThingWorx
- Step 1: Setup Raspberry Pi
- Step 2: Install the EMS
- Step 3: Create Application Key
- Step 4: Configure the EMS
- Step 5: Launch the EMS
- Step 6: Configure Lua Script Resource (LSR)
- Step 7: Configure Template File (Properties)
- Step 8: Configure Template File (Service)
- Step 9: Run LSR
- Step 10: Bind Remote Thing Properties
- Step 11: View Data from Devices
- Step 12: Connect to Temperature Sensor
- Step 13: Next Steps