This project will introduce more complex aspects of the ThingWorx Java SDK and help you to get started with development.
Following the steps in this guide, you will develop your own IoT application with the ThingWorx Java SDK.
We will teach you how to use the Java programming language to connect and build IoT applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||Aug 19, 2020|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance.
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server.
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running the Java programming language
- Basic concepts of the Java Edge SDK
- How to use the Java Edge API to build a real-world application
- How to utilize resources provided in the Edge SDK to help create your own application
Things used in this guide
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing a Foundation server. This guide is based on the Java SDK version 184.108.40.206.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
- Java Development Kit (JDK) in order to compile and run Java code
- Download ThingWorx Java SDK from the Marketplace
Completed Example: You are provided a complete example that can be utilized as a reference for completion as you go through the guide or for insight into how the following steps can be completed.