This project will introduce you to how to create a fully functional IoT application to implement your design needs.
Following the steps in this guide, you will create your very first IoT application and test it out yourself.
We will teach you how to create IoT application using the ThingWorx platform. Using ThingWorx, you can create an IoT application with a UI customized to your specfic business requirements, and provide a real-time digital view of a remote physical object to help optimize operational processes.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||July 02, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Use Composer to create a Thing based on Thing Shapes and Thing Templates
- Store Property change history in a Value Stream
- Define application logic using custom defined Services and Subscriptions
- Create an applicaton UI with Mashup Builder
- Display data from connected devices
- Test a sample application
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server or the 120-day downloaded trial.
DEVELOP A STARTER IOT APPLICATION
- Step 1: Data Model
- Step 2: Create Model Tags
- Step 3: Create Thing Shapes
- Step 4: Create Thing Template
- Step 5: Create Thing
- Step 6: Store Data in Value Stream
- Step 7: Create Custom Service
- Step 8: Create Alert and Subscriptions
- Step 9: Create Application UI
- Step 10: Display Data
- Step 11: Simulate Data Source
- Step 12: Test Application
- Step 13: Next Steps