This project will introduce more complex aspects of the ThingWorx C SDK and help you to get started with development.
Following the steps in this this guide, you will be ready to develop your own IoT application with the ThingWorx C SDK.
We will teach you how to use the C programming language to connect and build IoT applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||July 23, 2019|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance.
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server.
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running the C programming language.
- Basic concepts of the C Edge SDK
- How to use the C Edge API to build a real-world application
- How to utilize resources provided in the Edge SDK to help create your own application
Things used in this guide
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
C SDK TUTORIAL
- Step 1: Completed Examples
- Step 2: Environment Setup
- Step 3: Run Sample Code
- Step 4: ExampleClient Connection
- Step 5: Properties
- Step 6: Data Shapes
- Step 7: Events and Services
- Step 8: Tasks
- Step 9: File Transfer Example
- Step 10: File Transfer and Tunneling
- Step 11: Support Other Platforms
- Step 12: Troubleshooting
- Step 13: Next Steps