This project will introduce the ThingWorx C SDK and how to get started with development.
Following the steps in this this guide, you will have a fully setup development environment to work with your ThingWorx Foundation server and the ThingWorx C SDK.
We will teach you how to get started building your own C applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 17, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance.
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server.
- Provide an abstraction layer and infrastructure that makes it easy for you to expose a set of Properties and Services to the ThingWorx server.
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running the C programming language.
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need to download the ThingWorx C SDK from the Marketplace.
C SDK SETUP GUIDE
- Step 1: Install C Compiler
- Step 2: Test Connectivity
- Step 3: Troubleshooting
- Step 4: Next Steps