This project will introduce the ThingWorx Android SDK and how to get started with development.
Following the steps in this this guide, you will have a fully setup development environment to work with your ThingWorx Foundation server and the ThingWorx Android SDK.
We will teach you how to get started building your own Android applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||June 15, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance.
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server.
- Provide an abstraction layer and infrastructure that makes it easy for you to expose a set of Properties and Services to the ThingWorx server.
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running Android.
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with other 120-day trials, such as the ThingWorx Trial Edition (TTE) which includes a ThingWorx Foundation server, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need to download the ThingWorx Android SDK from the Marketplace.
ANDROID SDK SETUP GUIDE
- Step 1: Test Connectivity
- Step 2: Troubleshooting
- Step 3: Next Steps