This project will introduce ThingWorx Utilities Software Content Management (SCM).
Following the steps in this guide, you will learn how to create and deploy software packages.
We will teach you how to utilize SCM to make this process simple, easy, and repeatable.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||June 13, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Install and configure the Edge MicroServer (WSEMS) to connect Edge devices
- Define your personal computer as a Thing (representing an IoT device)
- Implement Templates/Shapes in order to make the Thing/Asset viewable to the Asset Manager
- Configure the file transfer system
- Create, test and deploy a Software Content Management package
Things used in this project
This guide assumes both Utilities pre-installation and SSL / Port 443 connectivity to the remote EMS. As such, the 30-day hosted trial is recommended.
This guide could theoretically be utilized with the native 120-day trial or TTE, but the EMS's config.lua and config.json code would require modification.
MANAGE UPDATES FOR REMOTE DEVICES
- Step 1: Generate App Key
- Step 2: Install WSEMS
- Step 3: Configure WSEMS
- Step 4: Create Asset Thing
- Step 5: Confirm Connection
- Step 6: Create SCM Package
- Step 7: Test Package
- Step 8: Specify Access Control and Publish
- Step 9: Deploy Package
- Step 10: Compliance and Administration
- Step 11: Customize SCM Package
- Step 12: Next Steps