Mixed reality (MR) experiences designed for service technicians provide step-by-step instructions for procedures within the context of the specific, physical machine that requires service.
Delivering instructions via a mixed reality HoloLens experience makes it easy for technicians to view procedural steps while they’re working without having to disengage from the machine to find and check a digital or paper manual.
This can save significant time and maximize technicians’ efficiency.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||Mar 16, 2021|
You'll learn how to
- Use best practices to design HoloLens mixed reality experiences for service
- Build the common components of a service procedure
- Design and create a service procedure in Vuforia Studio
Things used in this guide
This guide requires a connection to the Vuforia Studio platform.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
Create a HoloLens Experience for Service Procedures
- Step 1: Completed Example
- Step 2: Application Design
- Step 3: Creating Steps and Procedures
- Step 4: Create Project in Studio
- Step 5: Add Model & ThingMark
- Step 6: Set Up 3D Overlay
- Step 7: Add Hand Gestures
- Step 8: Configure Data Bindings
- Step 10: View MR Experience
- Step 11: Next Steps