This project will introduce how to utilize and incorporate an external database with the ThingWorx Platform.
Following the steps in this guide, you will connect the ThingWorx Platform to a database, insert data, execute stored procedures, and query data.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||June 26, 2019|
You'll learn how to
- Connect ThingWorx to external databases
- Query databases and and handling results
- Insert data and running stored procedures
Things used in this guide
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
Recommended Tasks: Create an account to perform Microsoft Web Searches used in this guide.
Completed Example: You are provided a complete example that can be utilized as a reference for completion as you go through the guide or for insight into how the following steps can be completed.
WORKING WITH EXTERNAL DATABASES
- Step 1: Completed Example
- Step 2: Connect To External Database
- Step 3: Query Data from External Database
- Step 4: Write Data to External Database
- Step 5: Executing Stored Procedures
- Step 6: Next Steps