This project will introduce the process of taking your IoT solution from concept to design.
Following the steps in this guide, you will create a solution that doesn’t need to be constantly revamped, by creating a comprehensive Data Model before starting to build and test your solution.
We will teach you how to utilize a few proposed best practices for designing the ThingWorx Data Model and provide some prescriptive methods to help you generate a high-quality framework that meets your business needs.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||June 15, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Create user stories
- Identify endpoints in your system
- Break down your Data Model using an Entity Relationship Diagram
- Decide when to use Thing Templates vs Thing Shapes vs directly-instantiated Things
Things used in this project
This guide may be completed within any environment where you have access to the ThingWorx Foundation server.
This includes TTE, ATE, native trial, or a hosted trial.
DESIGN YOUR DATA MODEL
- Step 1: Data Model Methodology
- Step 2: User Stories
- Step 3: Data Sources - Thing List
- Step 4: Data Sources - Component Breakout
- Step 5: Data Sources - Thing-Component Matrix
- Step 6: Model Breakdown
- Step 7: Prioritize
- Step 8: Largest Group
- Step 9: Iterate
- Step 10: Validate
- Step 11: Conclusion