This project will introduce the process of taking your IoT solution from concept to design.
Following the steps in this guide, you will create a solution that doesn’t need to be constantly revamped, by creating a comprehensive Data Model before starting to build and test your solution.
We will teach you how to utilize a few proposed best practices for designing the ThingWorx Data Model and provide some prescriptive methods to help you generate a high-quality framework that meets your business needs.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||December 14, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Create user stories
- Identify endpoints in your system
- Break down your Data Model using an Entity Relationship Diagram
- Decide when to use Thing Templates vs Thing Shapes vs directly-instantiated Things
Things used in this project
DESIGN YOUR DATA MODEL
- Step 1: Data Model Methodology
- Step 2: User Stories
- Step 3: Data Sources - Thing List
- Step 4: Data Sources - Component Breakout
- Step 5: Data Sources - Thing-Component Matrix
- Step 6: Model Breakdown
- Step 7: Prioritize
- Step 8: Largest Group
- Step 9: Iterate
- Step 10: Validate
- Step 11: Conclusion