This project will introduce you to creating your first ThingWorx Business Rules Engine.
Following the steps in this guide, you will know how to create your business rules engine and have an idea of how you might want to develop your own.
We will teach you how to use your data model with Services, Events, and Subscriptions to establish a rules engine within the ThingWorx platform.
In this tutorial we walk you through a real-world scenario for a delivery service. The rules engine will handle much of the work involved with handling customers and delivery logic.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||June 14, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Logic behind creating a business rules engine and when to create one
- How to convert your business rules to ThingWorx lingo
- Create business logic for your IoT data model with resources provided in the ThingWorx platform
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server or the 120-day trial.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
- Download the provided Business Logic examples
CREATE CUSTOM BUSINESS LOGIC
- Step 1: Rules Engine Introduction
- Step 2: Establish Rules
- Step 3: Scenario Business Rule Engine
- Step 4: Example Rule Engine
- Step 5: Scenario Data Model Breakdown
- Step 6: Next Steps