The Custom Asset Viewer application is one of the sample applications that demonstrates how the Thingworx Manufacturing Apps suite can be extended to build custom apps.
In this example, we took the out-of-the-box asset performance mashup and modified it to add a grid table which shows the Maintenance Orders from an external database. We used Postgres as the database, because the Thingworx Manufacturing Apps installer supports it by default. The Maintenance Orders are stored in a table and a SQL query is used to extract the relevant data and display them in the context of an asset.
You can take this sample application and extend it to create Maintenance Orders when alerts are triggered in the system based on pre-determined criteria. In this example, you'll learn how to take advantage of existing mashups and repurpose them for similar use.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||June 13, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Install Custom Asset Viewer as an extension
- Configure Custom Asset Viewer
- Import data for a sample application and scripts to create the Maintenance Table and associated data
- Customize your configuration
Things used in this project
- Before proceeding, ensure that you have ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.2.1 installed and connected to KEPServerEX®.
- Go to ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps and follow the instructions to download and install. Refer to the Configuring ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Easy Guide.
- Download PTC.DeveloperProgram.CustomAssetViewer_Dependency and PTC.DeveloperProgram.CustomAssetViewer which contain sample files used in this tutorial.
- Download and configure the Demo Data Set and Simulator following these instructions.
CREATE A CUSTOM ASSET VIEWER
- Step 1: Create User
- Step 2: Add Model Tag
- Step 3: Import Extensions
- Step 4: Configure Database Connection Properties
- Step 5: Access Console Page
- Step 6: Set Up Database
- Step 7: Connect Database to ThingWorx
- Step 8: Open Custom Asset Viewer
- Step 9: Next Steps