ThingWorx Analytics utilizes machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies, enabling you to analyze the data you collect from your connected devices and to provide actionable insights in real-time to applications built on the ThingWorx platform. It is specifically designed to tackle the volume, velocity, and variety of IIoT data.
No need to be experienced in statistical analysis or complex mathematics. The AI and Machine Learning technologies used in ThingWorx Analytics automate much of the complex analytical processes involved in creating data-driven insights for your IIoT application.
Simulate behavior of physical products in the digital world and incorporate simulation models into your solution. Utilize the knowledge of these models while the product is operating in the real world.
Using predictive analytic algorithms and machine learning techniques, ThingWorx Analytics analyzes data from connected devices to find patterns in the data and generate a prediction model. The prediction model in your IoT solution makes predictions about expected future outcomes so you can optimize your business processes.
Anomaly detection allows you to observe data from a device, learn about the typical state, and monitor for data points that fall outside of the expected range. Anomaly detection outputs can easily be integrated into an IIoT solution to trigger alerts and help your application users identify when to take action.
Components & Features
- Automates complex calculations and generates predictions, simulations, and prescriptions.
- Utilizing data from your Things as well as historical data as a learning source, Analytics Server uses machine learning to build and validate predictive models without assistance from a statistician.
- Employs sophisticated predictive modeling algorithms in order to determine the best algorithm to use for each data set and predictive topic. These predictive models are instantly usable by ThingPredictor and ThingOptimizer to perform predictions, simulations and determine recommendations.
- Dramatically reduces or eliminates the need for an expert team in modeling algorithms or technologies.
- ThingWatcher is a Java API that can be used to build anomaly detection functionality into your IoT applications.
- Capturing data from an edge device, ThingWatcher automatically observes and learns the normal state pattern and uses those results to train and generate a model for detecting anomalies without the need for setting rules or applying pre-calculations.
- Once a model is trained and validated, ThingWatcher scores new streaming data from the monitored device against the model to detect possible anomalies in real-time.
- ThingWatcher can be used at any location, cloud or edge. By deploying ThingWatcher at the edge, you can monitor a stream of high-speed data that would be difficult or impossible to process in the cloud.
Predictive Modeling and Scoring
- ThingPredictor provides the predictive scoring capabilities of ThingWorx Analytics.
- It uses prediction models generated by ThingWorx Analytics Server or equivalent Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML) compliant prediction model generation tools to examine a dataset and predict results for each record based on similarities to records analyzed during model training.
- Using ThingPredictor, you can subscribe Things to relevant outcome-based predictions (time to failure, errors per hour, etc.) and displays results in context through any ThingWorx-powered solution or experience.
- ThingWorx Analytics predictive scoring can be accessed through a REST API Service, Analytics Builder, or Analytics Manager.
Prescriptive Scoring and Optimization
- ThingOptimizer provides the prescriptive scoring and optimization capabilities of ThingWorx Analytics and allows you to expand your analytical processes beyond predicting outcomes to seeing how modifications might affect results by automatically identifying influencing factors.
- Perform ad-hoc outcome simulations before initiating an action and identify optimal settings to maximize results or minimize risks.
- Identify key contributing factors associated with predicted outcomes.
- ThingOptimizer uses prediction models generated by ThingWorx Analytics Server or equivalent PMML-compliant prediction model generation tool.
- Provides a user interface for simple, intuitive interaction with data.
- Converts complex data readings into simple-to-understand information and simplifies the advanced analytics process, helping interpret information faster.
- Supports, data and metadata uploading, predictive model creation (training and scoring), visualization of data analytics (profiles, signals), as well as data filtering.
- Allows you to deploy and execute computational models from external applications within the ThingWorx platform.
- Leverages product-based analysis models developed using PTC and third-party tools while building solutions on the ThingWorx platform.
What's Included in the ThingWorx Analytics Trial Edition Trial
|120||Days of use||Trial period begins when you download the trial|
|1||ThingWorx Foundation||This trial includes a full-featured version of ThingWorx Foundation, which gives you access to all the core capabilities of the platform. To learn more about ThingWorx Foundation, click here.|
With these guides, you can get up to speed quickly!
ThingWorx Analytics Trial FAQ
FAQs related to the ThingWorx Analytics Trial.
Currently, ThingWorx Analytics is only available to download as part of the bundled ThingWorx Trial Edition. Follow the installation instructions?
All trial instances are deleted after the trial period is over. These servers are not backed up and the content that was stored on them is not recoverable. We highly recommend that you export any work that you would like to access at a later time.
You can access the ThingWorx Analytics trial for a period of 120 days if you download it as part of the TTE bundle.
Please reach out to our team TWX-DevZoneHelp@ptc.com with any issues, comments, or suggestions.