This project will introduce how to create services that can send and receive XML and JSON payloads.
Following the steps in this guide, you will develop services to handle, send, and receive XML and JSON.
We will teach you how to use the ThingWorx Platform to handle REST requests and send payload for external SOAP and REST services.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||July 11, 2019|
You'll learn how to
- Efficiently handle, send, and receive XML and JSON in ThingWorx
- Make requests to external REST services
- Make requests to external SOAP services
Things used in this guide
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
Recommended Tasks: Create an account to perform Microsoft Web Searches used in this guide.
Completed Example: You are provided a complete example that can be utilized as a reference for completion as you go through the guide or for insight into how the following steps can be completed.
SENDING AND RECEIVING JSON AND XML
- Step 1: Completed Example
- Step 2: Sending JSON Based Requests
- Step 3: Sending and Receiving JSON Objects
- Step 4: Sending XML Based Requests
- Step 5: Handling and Receiving XML Objects
- Step 6: Next Steps