This project will introduce more complex aspects of the ThingWorx Java SDK and help you to get started with development.
Following the steps in this guide, you will develop your own IoT application with the ThingWorx Java SDK.
We will teach you how to use the Java programming language to connect and build IoT applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||October 17, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Basic concepts of the Java Edge SDK
- How to use the Java Edge API to build a real-world application
- How to utilize resources provided in the Edge SDK to help create your own application
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
- Java Development Kit (JDK) in order to compile and run Java code
- Download ThingWorx Java SDK from the Marketplace
Completed Example: You are provided a complete example that can be utilized as a reference for completion as you go through the guide or for insight into how the following steps can be completed.
JAVA SDK TUTORIAL
- Step 1: Completed Example
- Step 2: Run Sample Applications
- Step 3: Example Client Connection
- Step 4: Delivery Truck Model
- Step 5: Services and Events
- Step 6: File Transfer
- Step 7: Tunneling Example
- Step 8: Next Steps