This project will introduce the ThingWorx Java SDK and how to get started with development.
Following the steps in this this guide, you will have a fully setup development environment to work with your ThingWorx Foundation server and the ThingWorx Java SDK.
We will teach you how to get started building your own Java applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 17, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance.
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server.
- Provide an abstraction layer and infrastructure that makes it easy for you to expose a set of Properties and Services to the ThingWorx server.
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running the Java programming language
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following downloads:
JAVA SDK SETUP GUIDE
- Step 1: Eclipse Project Setup
- Step 2: Test Connectivity
- Step 3: Troubleshooting
- Step 4: Next Steps