This project will introduce troubleshooting solutions for problems that might occurr when installing your personal ThingWorx Foundation server.
Following the steps in this guide, you will comfirm Java configurations, confirm Tomcat settings, evaluate ThingWorx log files, and resolve any problems you might have had during your initial ThingWorx installation.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 16, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Confirm Tomcat is installed, is a supported version, and can both start and run
- View the Tomcat management page to verify it is accessible from a browser
- Confirm the license file and required directory are in place with correct permissions
- Verify that the ThingWorx web application is deployed into Tomcat
- Learn locations of useful log files
Things used in this project
This guide is for a manual installation of ThingWorx Foundation.
It should not typically be required for the 8.3 Foundation Installer, but may be of use if your environment is experiencing issues post-install.
FOUNDATION SERVER INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING
- Step 1: Check Software Versions
- Step 2: Basic Tomcat Troubleshooting
- Step 3: ThingWorx Start-up Error Messages
- Step 4: ThingWorx Web Application Troubleshooting
- Step 5: Next Steps