This project will introduce simple and complex aspects of the ThingWorx Android SDK and help you to get started with development.
Following the steps in this this guide, you will be ready to develop your own IoT application with the ThingWorx Android SDK.
We will teach you how to use the Java programming language with the Android SDK to connect and build IoT applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||July 23, 2019|
You'll learn how to
- Establish and manage a secure connection with a ThingWorx server, including SSL negotiation and connection maintenance.
- Enable easy programmatic interaction with the Properties, Services, and Events that are exposed by Entities running on a ThingWorx server.
- Create applications that can be directly used with your device running Android.
- Basic concepts of the Android Edge SDK
- How to use the Android Edge API to build a real-world application
- How to utilize resources provided in the Edge SDK to help create your own application
Things used in this guide
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following: