This project will introduce more complex aspects of the ThingWorx Android SDK and help you to get started with development.
Following the steps in this this guide, you will be ready to develop your own IoT application with the ThingWorx Android SDK.
We will teach you how to use the Java programming language with the Android SDK to connect and build IoT applications to be used with the ThingWorx Platform.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||October 17, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Basic concepts of the Android Edge SDK
- How to use the Android Edge API to build a real-world application
- How to utilize resources provided in the Edge SDK to help create your own application
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server.
This guide could also be run through with the 120-day downloadable trial, but some instructions could require modification.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
ANDROID SDK TUTORIAL
- Step 1: Import Module into Android Studio
- Step 2: Sample Applications
- Step 3: SimpleThing Connection
- Step 4: Example Services
- Step 5: Delivery Truck Example
- Step 6: Create Services and Events
- Step 7: Next Steps