This project will introduce Streams.
Streams are a method of storage for Time-Series Data.
You will learn how to create Streams and utilize them for storage of Thing Property value-changes, as well as the Time Stamps for those changes.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 17, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Learn the difference between data storage methods
- Create a Data Shape to format the Stream
- Create a Stream to store Time-Series Data
- Create a custom Service which logs data to the Stream
- Call the custom Service to log Property values
- Confirm data storage value changes via a built-in Service
Things used in this project
STORE DATA WITH STREAMS
- Step 1: Choosing Storage
- Step 2: Create Data Shape
- Step 3: Create Stream
- Step 4: Create Thing
- Step 5: Add Service
- Step 6: Modify Snippet
- Step 7: Store to Stream
- Step 8: Retrieve from Stream
- Step 9: Next Steps