LDAP allows for a layer of security within your company or organization to be utilized for authentication or user management.
These concepts and steps will allow you to focus on development of your application while still allowing the ability to utilize the power of ThingWorx!
We will teach you how to enable LDAP authentication in ThingWorx and configuring ThingWorx to connect to a LDAP server.
|Est. Time||60 Minutes|
|Published||July 31, 2020|
You'll learn how to
- How to enable LDAP Authentication on ThingWorx
- Configuring ThingWorx to connect to an LDAP server
- Importing users from LDAP
Things used in this guide
This guide may be completed within any environment where you have access to the ThingWorx Foundation server.
This includes both the 30-day hosted evaluation server, as well as the downloadable trial.
Before you start, ensure you have the following software installed.
- Any LDAP provider. If you have none installed, download and install ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio
- Download Java Development Kit 8+.
You are provided a complete example that can be utilized as a reference for completion as you go through the guide or for insight into how the following steps can be completed.