This project will introduce how the AWS IoT button can be integrated with the ThingWorx platform.
Following the steps in this guide, you will create a data model with Services based on your AWS IoT button, and use Slack to integrate the two.
We will teach you how to use ThingWorx to create an application that executes code when an AWS IoT button is pressed.
|Est. Time||30 Minutes|
|Published||October 17, 2018|
You'll learn how to
- Model the AWS IoT button using ThingWorx entities that respond to user interactions
- Install both WiFi and AWS security credentials onto your button
- Modify code in AWS Lambda to send Events to your ThingWorx Foundation server
- Initiate a Webhook to Slack
Things used in this project
This guide requires a connection to the ThingWorx Foundation.
It assumes that you are utilizing the 30-day hosted Foundation server or the 120-day downloaded trial.
In order to complete this exercise, you need the following:
CONNECT AN AWS IOT BUTTON WITH THINGWORX
- Step 1: Configure ThingWorx
- Step 2: Configure Button
- Step 3: Configure AWS Lambda
- Step 4: Create Webhook
- Step 5: Next Steps